Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My plan is simple: Regaining Control.

My friend, Nina, writes a running blog. I have read, and reread her article You do not need will power, you NEED a plan.

Since I have always wanted to be a runner, I am making a plan!! My plan is simple: Regaining Control.

Here I am at 259.2



So, I went to the Fruit Store this week stocked up!! I cut all the fruit and veggies, filled the fridge with water and protein shakes.



On Monday, my day began with coffee then followed by a protein shake. I have replaced one meal this week with protein shakes and then at night if I need a snack, instead of chips or candy, I dig out the fruit & veggies. I drink 4-6 bottles of 16.8 water in addition to my coffee and ice tea. It's not the ideal plan, but it is some place to start.

On Sunday, Rod loaded C25K Running Plan onto the Ipod, and the first week you run 3 days with a day off in between. So today is the day!! In addition to laundry, I will be running on the treadmill today. This morning I weighed myself and I weigh in at 259.2. I will weigh myself again in a week, and see what the results are. According to the running plan, in 9 weeks I should be able to run a 5k.

The last thing on my "Plan" is to join My fitness pal. Another "runner" friend, Crystal, has been asking me to join this site for the extra support in my quest to become a runner and be more healthy. It is my plan to join the site and navigate it by Saturday, so that I can track all my progress next week.

I made the decision to do this, since I dropped my A&P class this semester and focus on chemistry. More than that at the beginning of the week, the boys & I were taking our nightly walk around the block. Korbin asked me if he & I could take some extra walks together without Konnor so we could run? My heart lept!!As a mom, I have just a few things I want for my kids: to walk in truth with God as their Savior, to be healthy and to be men of integrity. As it stands, being a good wife and mother was what made me start this journey to health to begin with, it also stands to reason that should motivate me too. But, when I lack motivation I will have a plan!!

As Rod and Korbin get ready for sports season, it is kinda exciting for me to have a "sport" to focus on too!! I can be a runner! I can do this!! 2012 is my year to run my first 5k!!


No comments: