Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Go Fast Mommy??

Last night at 6:30, I closed my A&P book and sighed. I have been working on those terms all day. I am not nearly done with the 171 terms or the chapter outline I need to complete before my test on Thursday. Oh wait! Book bingo is on Thursday and so is my Lab this week..I may need to take the test on Wednesday.
I hate when I realize my deadlines are earlier than I anticipate!

Anyway, the beautiful day had slipped away from me, so in a last ditch effort to regain some of the day that passed me by, I grabbed my tennis shoes and yelled for the boys to get ready we were going for a walk.

Six shoes, two light jackets, and a hoddie later we were out the door. As Konnor's little arm pulled my down the three stairs in front of our house, I tried to take a deep breath and take in the smell of spring arriving but instead I was grappling just to keep my feet beneath me as little one wanted me "Go Fast" far before I was ready!

I was determined to take my deep breath of springs impending arrival, so half way down our block I commanded the boys to stop in front of the picture perfect house that has buds trying to bloom. "Do you smell that?"I asked. "Is is dog poop?" Korbin responded, "I thought I saw..". "No!" I interrupted " I was referring to the smell in the air that spring is coming," I was trying to explain. "Nope," Korbin said " I do smell dog poop though." I did get to take me deep breath, it was more of frustration than of enjoyment but I had to laugh it off, those kids! I do love them!!

At the end of our street,Korb asked if he could run. I thought for a second and before I could think of a reason not too, I agreed. He began to run from the corner to the next stop sign. Konnor looked up at me with those blue eyes and asked innocently, "Go Fast Mommy?" and before I knew it we were also running to the corner. It was hard not to laugh at those chubby little toddler legs so determined to mimic his brother as he simply attempts not to fall down while running and holding my hand. Which was also my goal, not to fall down! It is more challenging than one might think to run holding the hand of your toddler while trying to keep up with your seven year old. But at the corner we collapsed in laughter and it was the best 50 steps or so I had taken all day!!

We ran in intervals the rest of the way home, it was definitely alot of fun and was a much better walk than I anticipated it would be. As we crossed the finish line onto our front yard, Korbin announced proudly that he could "Totally do that five second race with me". I think he meant 5 k race but at that point, I did not have the heart to correct him!!

"It's time to start getting ready for bed & Korbbie do your homework" I said as we came inside, which was met with groans. Inwardly, I groaned too. I would much rather repeat our family run!! The laughter and the exercise got my blood pumping and I realized yet again how much I miss the simple things sometimes. "Tomorrow can we go for another walk?" Korbin yelled from his head inside his backpack looking for his bag of books from school. "Definitely!" I said
"And go fast too?" Konnor asked "DEFINITELY, we will run too!"

~Kristy~






No comments: