Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Monday, May 21, 2012

Trip to the park

After, my last post I gathered up Konnor and his big wheel (motorcycle), something cold for each of us to drink and headed out the door.
The first thing I learned is that just because Konnor knows how to ride the motorcyle in the living room does NOT mean he can ride it proficently at the park.
He kept swerving off to one side and then we wanted me to push him. So our first trip around the the large circle was very time consuming and challenging. We did not make it hald way around before I was sweating profusely and my stomach was aching because of bending at the waist to push the big wheel and attempting to walk at the same time.
In order to give myself a break, we stopped to sit under a shade tree and count the duck. That was my favorite part of the trip!!
We counted the ducks over and over, sang the ABC's and Jesus loves me. We cuddled under the tree and enjoyed the breeze and I realized how thankful I am for my boys! Konnor told me that the fountain in the middle of the pond was a "shower" and he talked, talked and talked some more!
Konnor would press the center and yell "Start you enginy"

All to soon, he was ready to ride his motorcycle again and off we went. The second hald of the cycle was much easier than the first as Konnor finally caught on. He stopped several times to talk to the ducks but finally we were back to the beginning and it was none too soon.
We took the big wheel back to the car and walked around the circle one more time. I did more walking and Konnor did more being carried, but it reminded me how hard it is on my body to carry 35 extra pounds around everyday.
Sweating and red, we headed home after a little more than an hour but it was a nice time hour. Something we will definately be doing again but I think I will be putting the push handle back on the bigh wheel to avoid pushing the handle again.
Its nice to have certain things that I have done with Korbin to do again with Konnor, and continue to make making memories!

No comments: