Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Drum Role Pluh-Eeze!!

The scale this morning read 253.6, which is down(2.6lbs) from 256.2 that it read on 5/18. For the month of May, I have lost a total of 6.1 pounds!! Even with my stress eatting disaster!!

I am munching on some watermelon and blueberry's as a mid morning snack, and I have had my favorite premade protien shake this morning. I have found myself drinking those more lately than the ones fresh out of the blender. With Korbin being home during the summer, the blender will get much more use because he loves fruit smoothies.It is just as easy to make a protien shake for myself too.

Something else I have found myself doing lately is heading to the fruit market. I love picking up fresh fruit and veggies there to keep the fruit stocked. It appears the prices are better on most things I get that are fresh, and it just makes me feel like I am doing something better for my family. It also take alot of choice out of my random "Oh! This sounds good!" shopping which usually means junk food.

Tonights dinner holds stuffed green peppers. We LOVE them and they are not that bad for you!! I used 1/2 cup brown rice,  1 cup sliced mushrooms,1/2 cup reduced sodium canned diced tomotos,1 entire green pepper and 4ozs of 85/15 hamburger for each pepper. Dinner is 489 calories, 20 g fat, 49 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 30 g of protien and 9 g sugar. Not to bad for something so good and so filling.

It is my goal for June to loose 10 pounds, and I think it is achievable!!

On a side note, I have had several readers email me and ask whats going on?? Some of my posts are vague and sad or depressed sounding. I do not mean to cause anyone any alarm. My family and I are just going through something that I just can not go into great detail about right now. I appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers, and I just ask that you keep them coming! When the time is right, I will fill everyone in and do a little more explaining.

Meanwhile, I will continue to blog about my weightloss journey and continued endevors toward being a Godly wife and mother.

I will leave you with two thoughts: my morning devotions lead me to Jeremiah 30:17 " For I will restore you to health.And I will heal your wounds, says the Lord."
And 1 Peter 5:5b-6 " God resists the pride and gives grace to the humble. Therefore humble yourselves under the hand of God that He may exhault you in due time,casting all your cares upon Him for He cares for you".

~Kristy~


1 comment:

http://adipexweightlossdiet.com/ said...

Dear author, what a wonderful piece of writing you wrote, in particular, I learnt quite a lot from this