Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday, Monday..



The Mommas and the Papa's said it best , "Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way.Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be....But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes,You can find me cryin' all of the time"

Well, I am not exactly crying but I am seriously unmotivated!! Not to sabotage myself and my hard work from last week, I reached for my favorite EAS Carb Control Premade Shake ( Yum! Dark Chocolate). Instead of making my Dr. Oz Egg and Cheese Muffin this morning.

There is a ton of laundry calling my name to be folded and put away. The dishwasher needs to be loaded from the week-end and Chemistry desperately needs my attention. Instead, I am sitting on the couch watching Little Einsteins with Konnor.
The week-ends are so busy! Its almost as if I need a day to recover from the marathon of things we shove into two days but I then I feel guilty for taking the time to do just sit and be still for a moment.

I am really debating the idea of throwing Konnor in the car and going for a walk at my favorite park to clear my head. I have so many thoughts, idea's and feelings rolling around in there that I am doubting that I can accomplish all that I have set out to do!!

The summer after my gastric bypass, Korbin and I could be found at this park 3-4 days a week. We loved it there!! We would take his tricycle and he would fly through the covered bridge gaining speed and then when he would get to the end where the hill would desend, he would lift his feet and sail down the other side. If I listen long enough, I can still hear his giggles!! Without a doubt, my gastric bypass was the best option for my entire family because at almost 400lbs, I never would have been able to do that.

Now, at 250-something, I often feel sluggish but determined NOT to go back there ever!! Sitting at baseball and soccer this week-end I got some amazing sun(burns) and love the golden glow my skin has. It makes me feel good about myself. When I feel good about myself, then I am better to and for the people around me. That's how walking at the park makes me feel, good about myself.

 Well, I think I have talked myself into getting off the couch and heading to the park...who needs folded laundry anyway?!

I did start the l-carnitine supplement this morning with my protein shake. The information I listed said it may energize you or make you feel as your heart is beating a little faster in the beginning until you get use to taking it. I do not feel that side effect, nor did I get the extra energy from it either. It may take a couple of days for it to get into my system, and I am going to make the Dr. Oz muffin for lunch after I get home from the park!! Chat with you all later!!

~Kristy~





No comments: