Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday Night under the Lights

It is Saturday night and I am sitting here alone nursing my sunburn watching a "girly" show with my feet propped up as the scent of peppermint foot scrub fills the air.

I am relaxed and content after an extremely busy day.

At the beginning of baseball season, the little league committee decided that they were going to have one set of teams each Saturday night to play under the lights to let the kids feel what the major league players would experience. Rod and Korbin head out the door each Saturday to the baseball field, which we have typically just left a very short time before. I love the fact that they are bonding over something that Rod enjoys so much, baseball.

I also love the time I just to spend alone.

This week has been extremely taxing on Rod and I as we have encounter several health issues, as well as seen people we love at our church family as well as other friends experience a tragedy that has brought extreme perspective to how fleeting life is.

I have taken the time this week to love on my boys, play with them and enjoy them in ways that I have been too busy to do in recent day. I find myself really sad at the fact that I have let days slip through my fingers while the boys are young all because my life is buys with things.

Also, I have spend more time focused on how amazing my husband is rather than how beat down we have both been my circumstance and people. I have prayed more for him and asked God to breathe new life into my view of Rod and help  me to sincerely be his "helpmate" rather than all of the things that have gotten in the way of that over the years.

As a result, I have been looking for ways to simplify my life and allowing me to focus on God and the family that God has given me. Simplifying my life means saying no to alot of things that my heart really wants to say yes too. I am a helper my nature and enjoy helping others. None of that is necessarily a bad thing, but in recent days I feel God calling me to slow down. When I did not listen, He purposely put things in my path to make me slow down.

Monday instead of going to baseball, Konnor cried from 2pm until 4:30, when I had to make the tough call to keep him home rather than go to watch Korbin play. Wednesday, I went late to the game because Korbin has injured his ankle and was not playing. Konnor and I went 45 minutes before the end of the game to pass out the cupcake for a players birthday that day. I stayed home from baseball practice on one day and ran, kicked and enjoyed soccer practice rather than viewing it from this sidelines on another.

The days were filled with doctors appointments and phone calls that forced Rod and I to realize that our health in not to be taken lightly, so on Tuesday I began my Dr. Oz eating plan. Previously when I began a knew eating plan, it was stressful . This was not the case this time, it reduced my stress level and changed things up enough to actually help  me to endure the uncertainty to what was going on.

Sitting here tonight, I am reflective about the weeks events and so thankful for God's provision and blessing. Listening to the tv in the background as I type away on the computer, I look forward to the next week with its challenges and blessings knowing what even occurs that I can handle it because God does not called the equipped but He equips the called. What ever Gods calling is for me and my family in this life, I know that He will equip us for the journey and I know He will never leave us or forsake us along the way.

May your week be filled will blessings as you enjoy the things that last week you let slip through your fingers, never taking for granted those you love and that love you in return!

~Kristy~

No comments: