Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's New

Its been awhile since I have blogged (or blogged in general) about running, since it has been awhile since I have ran. I feel like the dream of being a "runner" is passing me by.

With Korbin being in soccer AND baseball, in addition to me being in school, just to name a few reason that I have not gotten back on the treadmill.

After hurting my ribs, I have been super apprehensive about hurting myself again.

I have began the Dr. Oz diet plan for the stomach, I blogged about before. I begin this week eating the poached egg, tomato, Swiss cheese, avocado on whole wheat english muffin. It is extremely filling and I typically only get through half. I also added the supplement Dr Oz recommended; CLA 1000mg. I found it at walmart where the serving size is 2 pills for 2000mg however, I am spilting the Dr. Oz recommendation for only 1000mg. Today, I changed up the  Muffin and scrambled the egg w/ a splash of milk and omitted the avocado, since I really do not care for it. Tomorrow, I think I will return to the poached egg but still leave off the avocado, unless I mash it and dice the tomato and spread it on the english muffin.

So this is what my food has looked like this week:

BreakFast

·       Egg and Cheese Muffin( Calories 413/28 g fat/26g carbs/5g fiber/14g protein/3g sugar)

1 toasted whole grain English muffin

2 tsp olive oil

1/4 ripe avocado

1 slice tomato

1 egg, poached

1 slice Swiss cheese

Freshly ground pepper to taste

Directions

Drizzle the English muffin with a little olive oil, then spread 1/4 ripe avocado on it. Top it off with the slice of tomato, Swiss cheese, poached egg and the pepper to taste. Enjoy!



Lunch

         ·         Premade Protein Shake(110 calories/3g fat/4g carbs/2 g fiber/17g    protein/0  sugar)

·         McD’s Sugar-Free Lg Vanilla Ice Coffee (120 calories/11g fat/16g carbs/0 fiber/2 g protein/2 g sugar)



Snacks

·         4 Sugar Free popsicles(40 calories/0 fat/18 g carbs/4 g fiber/ 0 protein/0 sugar)

·         Pretzels-17-(11o calories/0.5 g fat/23g carbs/1g fiber/3g protein/0 sugar) & 1 oz block cheddar cheese ( 120 calories/ 10g fat/ 0 carbs/0 fiber/6g protein/0 sugar)

·         Sugar Free Pudding (60 calories/ 1 g fat/12g carbs/2g protein/0 sugar)



Drinks( In addition to listed above)

·         32 oz of Sugar Free Ice Tea

·         32 oz of Water

  •  1 Cup Coffee



973 calories/53 fat grams/96 carbs/ 12g fiber/45 g protein/ 6g sugar



Dinner

Under 600/ 22 fat grams
-Low carb, High protien & something with tomato= goal



Daily goal is:
1700 calories
75 grams fat < less
150 gram carbs
75 gram protien >more
15 gram sugar

I put on my "fat" jeans yesterday and I noticed that the waste was definately looser. I wish I would have taken my friend Jen's advice and measured my waste ahead of time.

Next week, I am going to start doing the thigh/leg protien shake. I like the way I feel doing this and I finally feel like I have some control over my food again. I know what I am eatting, and when I should be eatting. There is alot of confusion taken out of the equation of being hungry and not knowing what to eat and not feeling guilty about eatting something bad.

I intitally lost 2 pounds but have not lot any more sense that.

I am wondering if I can change the cheese or if it has to be swiss and if I could add something in place of the avocado. I may email the Dr. Oz show and see if I get a response to this question. Well, I need to get moving soccer practice is in an 1/2 hour and this momma needs to find some shin guards.

~Kristy~

No comments: