Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Stress Eatting..again

The last week or so has been going well taking my supplements, increasing my protien, reducing my sugar intake and my carb intake.

I feel a TON better taking care myself physically and nutritionally. Recently my pastor said in random conversation, that the best way he has found to reduce his stress level was to change things up a little with what he eats[and how he exercises]. That was one of the primary reasons that prompted me to finally start moving and get something accomplished instead of talking about it.

Then yesterday occured, and today it all fell apart. There as been several things occuring recently where my husbands intergrity and character has been called into question over a little kids sports league. It is really starting to upset me!! I have blogged about this before, and riduclousness how competive 7/8 year old sports are becoming and how grown men/women choose to act like children and bring down grown men/women who chose to grown men/women.Reguardless of other peoples actions, I will not stand by and allow other people who sit on the sidelines completely disrespect my husband who gives of himself to coach your child while you sit there!! Even if he makes a mistake, he is doing so trying which is a whole lot more than what some people are doing!! Ughh!!

I held it together yesterday, today I started my eatting off my a high sugar/high carb coffee drink. I guess I expected it may make me feel better in some respect however, it did not. I did not log my food, nor did I drink my water nor watch my portion sizes. Instead I grabbed handfuls of this or that whenever I felt the stress bubbling up as I watched my husband fall on his sword and do something that he did not have to do in order to make sure "his" kids understand that real men do not act this way on or off the field. If they make mistake they admit it, apologize for it and take there punishment without complaint.My husband willingly stepped up to take a punishment, that he was not asked to in the name of good sportsmanship. Now THAT says character and intergrity!!

Now, as I type replaying again the seasons actions of both my husband and I, and a vast many others drinking a slurpee. Disgusted with fact that I threw all that I worked so hard for over the last ten days out the window.

Stress/Emotional eatting has always been an issue for me.

Tomorrow is a new day, I will start differantly tomorrow and I will chose not to let the let the actions of others have so much control over me.

As for the rest of the day, instead of wallowing whatever this feeling is, I am chosing to pray for those who are causing us so much distress. It is just another attempt that the Devil is using to bring Rod & I down. Maybe that is the point, that these people need to be prayed for and God is just using this situation to bring it too light.

My husband said it best, " I do not know what other people do when they go home. As for me, I leave it on the field. I harbor no resentment or ill will towards them. Jesus himself said, " The presucted me,so they prescuted you". I have done what I can do".

I hate to see Rod bullied in this manor, but I am thankful for his attitude. I am thankful for him and his willingness to continue to coach even after this.

I love you, Rod, for everything that you are and everything that you are not. "In your weakness, Christ may be glorified!!

~Kristy~

No comments: