Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Monday, September 1, 2008

Fall is coming!!!!!


I love the fall!!! The attraction to this beautiful season as that of a cat to catnip. I love the slight breeze in the air, the smell of warm apple cider and the color of the leaves on the ground. I like the transition of shorts to sweaters, sunscreen to Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas. Christmas is the most enjoyable time of the year for me, I am the proverbial kid in a candy store. It use to be that I would wish away my fall days right into the Christmas season. But as I grow older, I enjoy the season preceding Christmas just as much!
Today, I got in the box that housed my fall decorations and began placing pumkins, leaves and pinecones around the house. I really enjoyed placing the Harvest decorations in thier spots and began to get more excited to go and do our tradition fall activities in the coming weeks: the Ladies at the end of September, the Couples retreat in early October, our annual trip to the apple orchard, Halloween, and Saturdays spent watching College football that gives way to the RedWings season opener.
This fall holds a particular special place in my heart this year, as it will be the last fall that Korbin will be home and not in school. It is very sobering to think of how quickly he has grown, and even more quickly time has flown by.
I am going to enjoy this new season of my life, as my 7 month annivigersary of my surgery has just past and I am 130 pounds thinner than I was at this time last year.The scale now reads 235, and I just missed my monthly weight loss goal for August by 2 pounds. I have a lofty goal this month of 22 pounds to loose and it is going to take some determination but I honestly believe that it is obtainable.
As well as going into this new season with a new weight, I am also going into this season with a new job. Last Thursday, I interviewed and was hired to do inside sales for an appliance/electronic company Monday- Thursday 5:30-9:00pm and 9am-12:30 on Saturdays. Which still enables me to keep my homecare position on Saturday mornings, at least for the time being.
I knew that fall was on it's way when Saturday evening at the Tiger Game, Korbin and I both had on jackets and were wishing for blankets. It was a wonderful way to end our summer, I just wish the Tigers had ended thier game on a equally high note. I wish you all a fabulous fall and looking forward to enjoying some of our fall days with you!!!!

No comments: