Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Monday, September 22, 2008

The End of the Beginning

Saturday was my last day at my super-stressful telephone job. It was a combination of things that ended this three week stresser for me, but the clincher was when I was told on saturday my friday night shift was elective and I was not getting paid for it in which I had spent the entire day away from my son, for naught.
I cam home relieved, terrified and crying. My life was turned upside down, and I distested where we were going. Nothing was getting accomplished and I was physically and emotionally exhausted.Yet, I felt as if I had failed. Rod needs me to bring in some extra income and yet, I couldn't. Not there anyway.
Thankfully, I still have my homecare job. I love working with these elderly people. Although, I do not see my future in working with the elderly, I love it right now and charish the experience. This position, indeed, is where I am meant to be. It should have been a no brainer when the scheduler told me a week ago that she had extra hours for me. But, I always have to try things my way first.When will I learn?
I am recouping today, and not doing much. I am still physically drained. I almost feel as I did those first months after surgery; I can barely hold my head up. I am looking forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow. I love running, and the sweat dripping down my face. There is something about that which clears my head and helps me to gain perspective. I am looking forward to cementing a school schedule with Korbin and reclaiming my days from stress and exhaustion. This week has the prespective to be a good week. God is Good!!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me Phillippians 4 :15

No comments: