Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Qualifiying the Called

This week ends the last week before our homeschooling adventure begins. Next week, is my last week of preparation. Korbin will be spending two days at his Mamaw and Papaws, so that I can get everything accomplished that I need too. Although I bought a curriculum geared towards four year olds, there is so much prep work to do that I will actually be happy when the school work begins. To be honest, I am not sure exactly how to do this. I have a plan, and a schedule, a desire and a prayer. I am completely scared to death!!! What if I can not do this? What if Korbin can not learn from me, I have no formal teaching education? What if being a wife, a mother, a teacher, a displinarian, a secertary, a cook, a sister, aunt, friend, daughter( or in-law),christain, and weight loss surgery patient is too much ofr me to handle? Have I bitten off more than I can chew?? The question I keep asking myself; Is the risk worth the reward? The same question I had to ask myself over and over again before my surgery, where the answer was/is a resounding yes!!!!! I am not sure if I realized how much work was involved when I began this adventure nor did I realize how similar the path between homeschooling mirrors my weightloss journey. All I know is that, thank you Bruce, that God does not call the qualified but qualifies the called. That is exactly what has been happening over and over again through a great many experiences I have had through out the last 8 months of 2008. As I type, I look back and remember where I have come from and now, where I am going. I never, ever thought then I would be where I am today. I give God all the Glory for the path He has directed me towards. And the people He has put in my pathway that have encouraged me to be the person who is willing to follow God's direction. Jane, you are my partner in calories, and I appreciate your ramblings more than you know. You inspire me and my weight loss experience would not be the same without you!! Bridget, you are my preschool homeschool mom inspiration. Through your encouragement, I have had the courage to take this step. Your a fantastic mother and a wonderful friend, and I am thankful that God has allowed us to be friends. Sherri and Bruce, Rod and I are so thankful to the Good Lord for wonderful friends like you!! You both ( yes, even Bruce!) always seem to know what to say. Thank you for listening to the Lord, your marriage and home reflects your desire to be closer to Him. You both will never know how much it has meant to have you at the hospital for my surgery. I knew my family was in good hands with you both. Melissa, you have inspired me to be mother that I desired to be in my heart. You have been a wonderful, Godly example to be and I am amazed how our relationship has grown into something wonderful through frantic phone calls asking "what do I do now". You always have great advice for me, and I am so thankful for your wisdom and guidence. To my beautiful sister, I love you so!!! You are apart of my soul and I am thankful for you everyday and I pray that God will do a work in and through your life. There are so many people that God has placed in my life, that I can truly see that God indeed qualifies the called not calls the qualified.

No comments: