Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Looking for the Signs

Since I started this new job, I've had some serious anxiety, to say the least. I hate leaving Korbin 5 days a week. I hate not being here when Rod gets home from work. I hate being hung up on or yelled at. I hate not being in church Wednesday nights. I hate the general disruption I feel in my soul because life is chaotic on a daily basis. Fridays and Sundays are my only days off and they are filled with errands. There is no relief from the stress or relaxation from the day's happenings. I feel as if I am one big ball of stress, and it is taking it's toll again because the exhaustion I felt in the beginning of my wls surgery has returned.
When I envisioned this year, I saw a full year of bonding with my little guy as it is his last year at home before heading off to school. I saw a focus on getting myself healthy before trying to expand our family. I saw enjoying date nights with my husband once a month, doing new things and revisiting old places with fond memories.
However, what is currently enveloping our life is not at all what I thought is was going to be. Something has to change!!
So, when my hubby told me that his company may be going back to mandatory 12's until Christmas, I took it as a sign that this job is not for me. Maybe I should have taken that this job was not for me when I could not find a sitter that could be here when I needed him/ her without other obligations. Maybe I should have taken the disruption in my being as a sign. Maybe I should have let God "supply all our needs" instead of taking matters into my own hands. But alas, I did not. As a result, here I am. Stressed.
Rod's 12's are scheduled to begin the week of Oct 7th, which will be my last week at my telephone job.I am a little sad, because I wanted to be able to help out financially. I wanted to have a little extra money to buy some new clothes that I so desperately need. I wanted to be able to buy my husband a Christmas gift without wondering where the money is going to come from to do so. Apparently, those are my wants and not God's plans for me/us.
I do not know where we go from here. I just know where ever it is, it will not be with me working at the place I am at now?!

No comments: