Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Goals for 2013

Things have been so off kilter lately that I have not focused on  my goals for 2013.

Notice I said goals not resolutions?

Resolutions seem to let you off the hook when you give up or fail, but goals seem more permant and achievable.

Even when I did resolutions, I did them starting Febrauary 1st rather than January 1st because in Jan., I was still running from the Holidays and I never got to sit down and focus on the task at hand. I was cleaning, restocking, reorganizing and just plan ol' feeling overwhelmed from a month of craziness.

As Febrauary is fastly approaching, I decided I needed to focus on my goals for this new year:

1.) Get Organized

2.) Get Fit & Feeling Better

3.) Get to reading my bible from cover to cover

4.) Get to doing devotions with my boys before school in the morning

5.) Get to putting "Mommy" back on the list

6.) Get to Living the Abundant, Joyful life God has intended for me & my family.

I chose 6 this year because that is one to work on/accomplish every other month this year! I will outline more in another post about how I am going to accomplish each other of these, and what I would like to accomplish through these goals.

These are goals that I believe are easily accomplishable but will lead to great growth for me, as an individual. As well as me as a wife and mother.

I know that some people are thinking that 2013 will be a year filled with bad luck for them because of "13" but I believe that it is lucky number 13 and I know God has great things in store for me and my family this year!!!

I can not wait to share God's blessing's with you through my writtings and I am privilaged that God has allowed me to write in such a manor that encourages others. It is my sincerest prayer that I can encourage you this year, and May God be All the Glory!!

~Kristy~

No comments: