Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Friday, February 1, 2013

Week-end Fun

~Happy Febraury 2013~

Today is the first day of the new month and it is hard to believe that Korbin is signing up for Baseball tonight when Rod gets home from work tonight. They raised the price this year from $65.00 last year to $85.00, which is disappointing since baseball is over before school gets out and it is an extremely unorganized legugue. Plus alot of time it feels like the participates are engaging in 8th grade student council instead of thier children's baseball experience. Fall Ball had none of these feelings/ experiences and much more enjoyable for the players and parents. In addition to the sign-ups fee's, we have to sell $100 in raffle tickets.

Tomorrow, Korbin stats a baseball hitting clinic. It goes from 9:30 am to approximately 11:30 am every Saturday in the month of February. This will hopefully get him ready for try-outs in March. Depending on how he does/feels, they offer another clinic on Saturdays in March, Hopefully the one on one assistance will help him to hit and field the ball better, He is a great catcher, and in fieldsmen. Korbin played 2 years of t-ball and last season was second year of farm league .

His first year, Korbin had a coach named M. Shields. At age 6, Korbin was the youngest boy on the team and M. worked him hard and he improved alot his supervisions and his encouragement.It was sad when he did not return the next season. Last year Rod coached his team and had the makings of a great year until a group of self imposed sissy-parents decided that they needed to coach from the bench and never bring their kids to practice. In addition to teaching their kids to earn their position, every time the boys were rotated they would call the league president and cry to him. These parents destroyed our teams moral and taught the kids to whine and blame rather than to work hard and give it their all. It was hard to see and hear these people disrespect my man who gave it his all long after they put their kids to bed and went to bed themselves.

I often wonder how people who conduct themselves in this manor can sleep at night.

After coaching Korbins soccer team for 6 season, Rod has never inquired these types of problems and it is hard to tell if he will volunteer again or be asked to volunteer because of the lies and constant exuberant tales of parents who obviously have no people skills whatsoever.

After Korbins baseball clinic, we will be heading to A2  for some shoping and dinner at a steak place. Rod promised us a lovely dinner out when he got hired full time at his current company. He will start Monday, Febuary 4th. So we will celebrate this week-end before our gluten free adventure also starting on Monday. Our life is changing in lots of ways!

As I sit here & write, I am icing my right knee. There is lots of snow on the ground and we walk to school at 3:07 Monday-Friday to get Korbin from school. For the most parts these walks are unadventurious but yesterday we got inside and when the water met the hard wood floor down went Mommy. I hit my head on the fridge and ne knee hit the wall. I felt like I had hit a thousand shards of glass. The room began to spin and I thought I was going to be sick.

When I got it together and got off the floor, I called Rod at work. He informed me in no uncertain terms he was talking me to the hospital. There, they aspirated my knee, took x-rays and gave me a cortizone shots. It was a long night and I missed visiting my friend H in the hospital which hurt my heart as much as my now aching knee.

I am praying that all the plans we have for tomorrow will be as easy and as fun as we orginally planned for!!

Have a great week-end and enjoy the super bowl, if you are watching!!

~Kristy~





No comments: