Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Monday, February 11, 2013

Family Style

This year seems to be passing by quickly, and I am planning another holiday celebration again already.

I believe I have blogged before about how we do alot of our holdays here; Family Style. Making memories is so important to me!Making memories with my husband. Making memories with my children. Making memories for me. No amount of money can buy them, and no one can take them away from you.No one can tell you that you are making your memories the wrong way and no celebrity has cornered the market on having them. They are available to each person to mold and shape and persue as they wish.

This Valentines Day will be another memorable event here and with Konnor another year older, he will be able to understand what is going on here a little more. With that being said, I decided to change things up a bit.

Since Valentines Day is on Thursday, I thought I would do something little each day for Rod & the boys leading up to Valentines Day.

This was for Rod, a can of Altoids with a hand written card that says, " You are Mint 4 Me".

This is for the boys, a hand written heart that says, " I am a "Sucker" for your Hugs & Kisses"
Both say Hapy Soon 2 B Valentine's Day!!
 

I chose to hand write the notes because I was cleaning Korbins room the other day and I came across several notes I had written to him that he had kept. If he continues to keep them, I want him to have my hand writting rather than computer ink. Even if the computer generated ones would be prettier.

My day was interupted by a water main break at the elementry school, so how I was going to deliver the little lovies was also interupted. I gave Rod his with his ipod, and asked him to put them away. He had headed to do so, when he realized there was something else with the silver-gray ipod. I heard him laugh from the hallway as he read the card.

The boys was laid on thier beds to find. To which they have not yet. Tomorrow's delivery will be with lunches, so I will not know thier responses until later.

Rod's Swedish Fish will say, " I am lucky to have you. You are a Great Catch"

The boys will say, " I could not have "Reeled In" a better son than you!

 

I am still not sure what Wednesday's and Thursday's little lovies will be but pintrest if FULL of idea's and so is a cute little blog I found called We love being Mom's. It is authored by a set of twins, so do not get scared off by the "We"!!

On Thursday our festivities will end will  our traditional candle dinner for four, Lady & the Tramp Spaghetti (with GF pasta this year and GF rolls) and a heart shaped large GF chocolate chip cookie. I dye our sparking white grape juice red and serve it in real wine glasses as I permeate the air with the musical stylings of the Three Tenors.

Our decorates a extremely expensive and are remade/purchased every years because of thier one of a kind status.








I LOVE handmade decorations! It also helps to create memories getting ready for the "Big" day too!!

I hope this gives you a couple of idea's of how to celebrate Valentine's Day Family Style! Our kids will be grown up and out of our house faster than we realize and we want to create memories with them that will transend time!!

Plus, Rod and I celebrate our marriage and romance more than just on February 14th, we do not need one date once a year to show each other that we care, and thats what makes it easier to have more fun as a family, because we are not missing anything as a couple.

Happy Soon 2 B Valentines Day!

~Kristy~




No comments: