Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Never Underestimate the Power of Mom

When Eve was brought unto Adam, he became filled with the Holy Spirit, and gave her the most sanctified, the most glorious of appelations. He called her Eva, that is to say, the Mother of All. He did not style her wife, but simply mother,- mother of all living creatures. In this consists the glory and the most precious ornanment of women~ Martin Luther

The worth of a Mom
There are many occupations that a mother may hold over the course of a year, and if she were paid for each one of them Mom would be paid more than $507,000 per year!!
(Wow! What I could do with that!!)
-Animal Caretaker $17,500
-Excutive Chef $40,000
-Computer Systems Analyst $44,000
-Finacial Manager $39,000
-Food/Beverage Service Worker $20,000
-General Office Clerk $19,000
-Registered Nurse $35,000
-Management Analyst $41,000
-Childcare worker $13,000
-Housekeeper $9,000
-Psychologist $29,000
-Bus Driver $32,400
-Elementry School Prinicipal $58,600
-Dietrician/Nutritionist $41,600
-Property Manager $22,600
-Social Worker $30,000
-Recreation Worker $15,500

And these are just the salaries recorded not to include all of the other things that we do..the photographer, beautician, seemstress, and interior designer to name a few others. And if you work  outisde the home too..

Although the list is quite flattering, there are a few priceless things they left out:
-Kissing a boo-boo
-Fixing a favorite meal
-Birthday party's
-Hearing "Mom your the best"
-Love notes in lunch boxes
-Catching Rain drops
-Teaching them to walk, hear thier first work, go pee pee on the potty and walking them to school for the first time..the list of "priceless" is endless.

The list here far out ways the list that you would be paid for, don't ya think?
My life begans with Motherhood. I searched for a "calling" for many years, but I had no idea that it would be satisfied with the birth of this little person I had no idea what to do with.

Positive mom's tackles a couple of Mommy Myth's in the first chapter:
#1 Genetics & Peer Pressure influence Children Most
The bible talks about this in Deuteronomy 6:4-7
#2Motherhood causes woman to miss out on the excitement in life
Jesus tells us about the self sacrificing life that is motherhood in Matthew 10:39, that is exactly what happended to me, I found an abundant & full life through motherhood.
#3 Being a Mother is a waste of a woman's talents and abilities
Are you kidding me? I never knew all the things I could do with so little sleep, time or money until I became a mom!

Those are just a few things from my small group study, I wanted to pass along!! My mom is in Heaven and today, she still influences me everyday. Every decision she made for me; both good and bad, has propelled me into the mom I am today.

Thomas Edision said, " Her [his mom] firmness, her sweetness,her goodness were potent powers to heep me in the right path. My mother was the making of me"

No comments: