Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy "I love you" Day!


In 2008, Korbin was 3 on Valentine's Day. I was still recovering from my gastric bypass. He &I sat together watching Valentine's themes cartoons and one particular cartoon kept calling it, "I love you  Day". This was how "I love you Day" was born in our house.

Every year the celebration is different, but it remains that Valentines Day is now a family celebration about our love for one another instead of something Rod & I only get to participate in. This year, a friend has made some cupcakes for us. Under the glass enclosure of a dessert plate, this serves as the center piece of a heart covered plastic table cloth and red napkins stamped with my "I love you" stamp on them. Each place setting has a regular dinner plate topped with a heart shaped red plastic plate with a hersey kiss on it. Not very expensive but it set the tone for the love filled day in our house.




This year's dinner is my homemade spaghetti and meatballs and homemade bread. The house smells amazing, since the sauce has been simmering almost all day. The preparation began yesterday, and Rod has been salivating since then!! I love to cook for my 3 guys!! I even snuck some graded veggies into the meatballs successfully hiden from Konnor! And since the day began with blueberry muffins, I think he actually got in a full serving of fruits and vegtables today!





My homemade meatballs baking in the oven



The finished product complete with homemade sauce!!

We ended our night with some family time in the living room, just laughing and having fun. It was a really nice day, and "I love you" Day ended on a high note since Konnor slept from 8pm until 6am this morning!!!

As I snuggled next to Rod last night watching NCIS, I remember thinking in a dozey haze that this one of the better days we have had in awhile. Nothing about our circumstance changed but we choose to be content with what we had and that made all the difference.

Thank you Lord, for all the we have & all that we do not. May we continue to praise you in the good times and in the bad.Let us never take for granted each other. May the memories of today last in our hearts forever!


I am the luckiest mom in the world to be able to look into these little faces ever day!!

This is where the story of us began..with you! I love you, Rod!!






No comments: