Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Shaking the Funk

I think I have decided that the way the Devil picks at me is through distractions. I am a list maker, infact I LOVE them! And if  something comes up that I must do that is not on my list, I will then write it on the list only to cross it off to prove that I have accomplished said unplanned item. But lately, it seems as if it is one thing after another that caused me to be distracted from the task at hand. I feel overwhelmed, discombobulated and very out of sorts. I do not like this feeling and I need to find away to shake the funk!

On Monday night, I went to my Mamaw's as I had planned and by mid day Tuesday my plan for the week went out the window. Konnor has been up all night most nights for two or three weeks now. I have some pretty big deadlines to meet in Chemistry and A&P, which on top of grocery shopping, laundry, & cleaning to basement so the water co. could come out this week; I had no time to get sick. But yet, it happened. So cleaning gave way to a pillow & blanket with a trip to the urgent care. I have bronchitis with a sinus infection...

So with my schedule more off than normal, I feel as if my head is whirling. I mean, it may be the corticosteroids I am on or it could be my lack of control. I have no control of when I get sick or for how long I am out of commission, but it does not aid in this funk I have had lately.

I have been super reflective, and become increasingly thankful for what I do have rather than what I do not. Yes, things are hard for my family right now but if I look around it is easy to find someone that I can bless in someway without having alot of money in the bank to do so.  Yet, regardless it feels as if there is this coat of funkiness I am wearing that I can not seem to remove! It is annoying and troublesome!

What does one do to shake the funk? Well I do not know what works for everyone, but what works for me is simple: laughter! Listening to the laughter of my kiddo's, sharing laughter with my husband, making time to laugh with my friends, and laughing when I feel like crying.


~Kristy~

No comments: