Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Plans Delayed!

I was on track..
1 cup coffee -check
1-12oz protein shake-check
24ozs water-check

Unexpected phone call.. NOT Check!

I went to the dentist yesterday because of an on going tooth problem. Both of my eye teeth have broken off and because we have not had health/dental insurance for the past two years (because of Rod's unemployment), I have not been able to get them looked at or fixed.
A friend gave me the name and number to a local dentist that would work with me, so I called immediately and looked forward to getting this dental pain relieved.After a super painful dentist and a slip to turn to get the broken tooth cut out, I called the neurologist to check to make sure the medicine they have me taking for the infection was in accordance with the current medicine I was taking for my migraine.
This morning the phone rings and the receptionist tells me that the doctor wants me to do everything the exact same until after the dental extraction to see if the teeth problems are also causing my headaches. Sooo...at first I was completely discouraged!! I was off & running, so to speak and now this?!
I should be use to being side tracked but, I guess no one really ever gets use to that! Now what do I do??
A HOUSE DETOX!!!
Until I go back to the dentist, I will be searching for every non-healthy, goal-detouring, pound packing on item that dwells in my cabinets and fridge and remove it.
I will continue on with my water goals and taking my supplements and go forward from there. This is a journey, not a sprint. Its not who gets there first sometimes, it is simply about finishing the race.
Make no mistake, I will finish the race!!  Thank you all for either running with me or cheering me on!!
~Kristy~

No comments: