Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Protien Shakes and a Plan

These are my FAVORITE Protien Shake Recipes!! I never dreaded making them because they all really taste good!
 I made my list & went to the grocery to make sure I had everything on hand to make any of these at anytime! So now that I have my food under control, I need to make a plan.

So here goes:
8:00am-coffee
9:30-Protien shake
24ozs water
12:30-Protien Shake
24ozs water
3:30-Soup at Hand Cream of Boccoli
24 ozs water
6:00pm-6ozs lean chicken breast w/ 1/2 cup salsa and a salad w/ 1/4 cup shredded cheese and dressing
9:00 *Night time eatting is my DOWN FALL* Hand full of pretzels, 2 oz's cubed cheese and cup of Hot Tea

1 multivitamen
1 calcuim Supp
1 Vit C Sup
1 Iron
2 Fiber Supp's
1 B-Complex
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanilla Coffee Delight
Ingredients: 10-12 oz low-fat milk 2 scoops vanilla protein powder 1/2 cup low-fat coffee flavored ice cream Add all ingredients in blender. Blend and enjoy.

The Bad Girl
Ingredients:

■12 oz skim milk
■2-4 Chocolate Graham Crackers & 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
■Handful of ice
■2 scoops of chocolate whey protein
Blend and enjoy! *This is great after a hard work out because of the extra carbs involved*

Orange Vanilla Shake
Ingredients:

■2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
■4-5 ice cubes
■1 tsp vanilla extract
■1/2 banana
■2-3 frozen strawberries
■2 packets of sweetener
This will get your taste buds going!

Chocolate Coffee Shake
Ingredients:

■2 scoops of chocolate protein
■1 cup of skim milk
■5 ice cubes
■1 cup of water
■1 spoonful of instant coffee!
Yummo!!!

Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake
Ingredients:

■2 scoops vanilla protein powder
■1 tbsp sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
■1/4 tsp cinnamon
■1/2 tsp imitation vanilla (or 1/4 tsp extract)
■1 packet artificial sweetener
■a few dashes butter flavor sprinkles or butter-flavor extract
■8 oz water (or low-fat milk)
■3 ice cubes
Directions:
Add all ingredients to blender, whip, and serve

 Orange Sunrise
Ingredients
-1 cup Crystal Light Orange Sunrise
-1/2 cup cool whip
-1 scoop Vanilla Protien Powder
-5 Ice Cubes
Directions:
Blend until Smooth

Vanilla Chai Protien Shake 

Ingredients:
-1 cup skim milk
-1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
-1/4 cup Splenda
-1/3 cup unflavored or vanilla protein powder
-3 teaspoons instant tea mix, unsweetened
-3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
-3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
-8 ice cubes
Directions:
Blend Until Smooth

Pina Colada Protein Shake

Ingredients:
-1 cup water
-2 packets Splenda
-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
-8 ice cubes
-1 teaspoon pineapple extract
-1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy





This is the ONLY protien powder I buy & use. I have tried all the off brands, and alot of them get stuck in the bottom of my blender or,even worse, they cause my HUGE digestion problems! So, when I talk about my gastric bypass and making protien shakes-EAS 100% Whey protien is all I suggest to my friends! They also sell soy too!!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I have a plan & my protien mapped out to so here I go!!!!









No comments: