Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Monday, January 10, 2011

I am sooo sick!!

Goodness!
I can not remember the last time I was this sick!
Early last week, we had Konnor to the dr. because he has a sinus infection. The day before that I had a tooth pulled but by Wednesday, I could feel somthing coming on but despite my attempts, I could not stop it!
On Friday,whatever I have or had, arrived full force! The week still was not over yet, so now, Korbin was coughing too and stayed home from school. So a sick mommy had two sick kids at home.
Boy, Friday was a rough day and I barely made it through! On Saturday, I could not pick my head up off of the pillow. Thank the good Lord, Rod was home to help with the boys, because I slept until 1:30pm and then I laid on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. It was all a blur really, my chest and head just ached and I was simply miserable!
Late, Saturday night I felt a little better and got off the couch. It is a good thing too because, Rod had to take Korbin to the emergency room. I knew it was the croup, we deal with this a couple of times a year at least. But my poor baby had broken most of the blood vessels in this cheeks because he was coughing so hard. Two hours later at one in the morning, Rod and Korbin were home again. The ER doc gave Korbin a steriod and sent him home again, as is the normal case. Two popsicles later, and he was sound alseep.
I wish popsicles could take away what is bothering me. It was Sunday and I was still pretty miserable and my head/sinus' just ached. I was taking ever over-the-counter medicine I could to alievate some of the pain. Nothing seemed to do the trick. I was back into bed by 10pm that night after getting up at 10 that morning with a two hour nap in the middle of the day.
I felt horrible that Rod had to help out with both kids, who were not feeling the best themselves, all week-end and did not get to rest himself. Yet, he was simply amazing! There was a time in Rod's life where by Sunday evening, he would have exploded with the fact that he did not get any time to himself after working all week! The self entitlement was gone and left in it's place a simply a man; God's man, serving his family while they were sick.
I remember nodding off to sleep Sunday thanking the Lord for the change He had done in Rod's life. I wanted to tell Rod of my delight in him yet, I choose to tell the Lord. It was He who had authored this great change, it was Rod who simply submitted and obeyed His master. It made me fall in love with Rod more! My love for my husband deepens and grows as his love for and obedience grows to God. At first, when I realized this, it struck me oddly. Then I realized, this is how God intended for it to be: "Just as Christ had loved the Church and given Himself for her". God you are truly amazing!
Never the less, I am sick! And sick I still was when Konnor got up at t 3am Monday morning. Still too sick and tired to do much, I stuck him in bed with me and we dozed on and off until the alarm went off at 7am.So it begins another week, and we all have jobs to do. Sick or not.
My second semester starts today, so while Konnor naps I am laying here on the couch, trying to keep my head up as I alternate between writing and reading the information for my three new classes. I would nap but I am fearful that I would miss the alarm and not get to the school in time to pick up Korbin.
Alas, I am sooo sick but God is still soooo good!

2 comments:

weight loss said...

This is really a well laid out website. I like how you have presented your information with excellent detail. Keep up the great work here.

Jasmin said...

You are performing fabulous job! Thanks man for the info! Weight Loss Surgery Germany