Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sicky Sicky

On the way home from Mamaw and Papaw's last night, Konnor got sick in the car. Both Rod and I assumed it was because we had just feed him dinner then tossed him into the car for a 45 minute drive home. I rocked him to sleep after an albuterol treatment and went to cuddle on the couch with my hubby while battle Korbin's pleas to stay awake while he yawns every third second. The night went fine until 3am, that is when the bottom fell out. As I battled my tooth ache and stomach churning I was trying to console a wheezing, whiney very awake 15 month old. Whom has been awake since then and it is now 9:45am. I sent Rod and Korb off to church as Konnor and I stayed at home. I destest missing church and I am dismayed that I am missing my sunday volunteering in the Tot Spot!! Atas mommy duty calls and when I have Sickys, I am up for the challenge and the extra cuddles that come with it.
Konnor is a sweet baby who wrinkles his nose as he smiles right before he nods of to dreamland. I love cuddling him and rocking him, which is why I have clung to our rocking long past the time I probably should. Yet I rocked Korb until he was two, and he turned out just fine! So in just a moment, I am going to pick up my luke warm coffee and my snotty nose little angel and carry him off to "our" chair and rock his over tired little body to sleep. Then even though the laundry is piled high and the dishwasher needs to be emptied and reloaded, I am going to carry my very heavy head to my bedroom and close my eyes until the phone rings and it is Rod asking me what I want for lunch on his way home from church. I know I must formulate a response before Korbin talks him into McDonalds(again!). I hate when my angels are sick but I love the extra moments we have together..speaking of which I have a little one who needs he nose wiped!!!

No comments: