Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Scheduling the Kitchen

I found this great info & wanted to share it! In an effort to get my life my organized & on a schedule I have been investing some time in finding the best way to manage(minimize) my time cleaning so that I have more time to do the other(more important) things that I need to get done and not feal as if I am neglecting my (biblical)responsiblities to keep my home clean. This particular piece was on spead cleaning your kitchen, which is where I am starting!

When cleaning the kitchen always start with the sink. A sparkling sink becomes your kitchen's benchmark for hygiene and tidiness, inspiring you to load the dishwasher immediately and keep counters, refrigerator doors, and the stove top spick-and-span, too.

Every Day- 4 1/2 minutes!
Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
Wipe down the counters (one minute).
Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
Every Week-21 minutes per week!
Mop the floor (five minutes).
Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).
Every Season-1hour 25 minutes every three months!
Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
Perform "Shiny Sink 101"

Shiny Sink 101
Adapted from www.FlyLady.net (a.k.a. Marla Cilley)1. Fill sink to the rim with very hot water; add one cup regular bleach. Soak for one hour. 2. Drain and rinse thoroughly. 3. Scrub with Ajax, Bon Ami, or baking soda. 4. Be sure to rinse thoroughly. 5. Shine with Windex or another glass-cleaning spray. Dry thoroughly.

Cleaning Supplies to Keep in the Kitchen
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes: for all hard, nonwood surfaces. They leave a fresh, nonchemical scent.
Windex Glass and Surface Wipes: for windows and chrome.Bleach. (See Shiny Sink 101.)
Ajax, Bon Ami, or baking soda. (See Shiny Sink 101.)Microfiber cloths and mops for an alternatives to chemical cleaners and paper towels. For cleaning all surfaces. Especially effective for polishing stainless steel.
Clorox ReadyMop: Wash the floor without a bucket. Works on most surfaces.
Broom, Swiffer, or handheld vacuum: for crumb busting.

Ok, so I think I can handle 4 1/2 minutes a day. And it is my goal starting tomorrow to clean in this manor at the same time everyday. Like after breakfast, sounds like a good place to start!

PS. I did not find those books by Emilie Barnes I was looking for but would like too! Maybe for christmas,eh?

No comments: