Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Sunday, October 19, 2008

More Kitchen stuff

On my continuel quest to get the most outta my time, money, energy and home I have found a few more things that I will be adding to my kitchen cleaning list:
Weekly
Drains: Pour 1/4 cup baking soda down sink drain, then 1/4 cup vinegar. Let sit
for 5 minutes. Run hot water down drain to flush through to refreshen garbage disposal
Monthly
Make Kitchen ABC(anticbacterial cleaner)


I never would have ever thought of making my own cleaner but in effort to stretch my budgeting dollar, I found this web site http://www.elanaspantry.com/ & recipe of "green" kitchen abc:

"Why make your own cleaning products? Why go through the bother? To save money and protect the environment, of course! You can pay upwards of $4 for a bottle of cleaning spray or, you can easily make it yourself for less!
Elana’s Kitchen Cleaner
1 (16) ounce spray bottle
8 ounces peroxide
8 ounces water
5 drops tea tree oil
5 drops lemon oil

Pour all ingredients into spray bottle
Shake well
Spray on counter surfaces and wipe with a clean rag

You can see the price difference between making your own cleaning product and purchasing it:
DIY Spray (initial cost includes price of bottle)
$3.57 for 16 ounces
DIY Spray (refill cost)
$1.70 for 16 ounces ($.09 per ounce)
Fantastic All-Purpose Cleaner
$4.86 for 32 ounces ($.15 per ounce)"

Or, if like me, you can reuse the Fantastic bottle and cut down your initial cost!! Plus the convience of refilling when you need it instead of having to wait until grocery day or making a special trip to Target! Cha-Ching!! Please deduct 5.00 from my grocery bill!!!

P.S.
Make your own Glass Cleaner too!
Homemade Glass Cleaner Recipe
Mix in a sprayer bottle:
1 cup rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol,1 cup water,1 tablespoon white vinegar

No comments: