Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Monday, October 13, 2008

Schedule Frustration

When my son was born, within weeks, I had him on a schedule. He thrived and I loved every minute of having a consistent daily routine. For the first 18 months of his life on this earth, we did everything by a schedule. I read everything I could get my hands on about creating a family routine, a healthy sleep schedule and how to readjust after not being on a routine after a busy event. Then is seems as if his second birthday came along with his independence and out the window went my schedule. And I feal as if I have been a day late and a dollar short ever since. My sister, if she is reading this, is laughing. She has the antiroutine, where her girls sleep when they are tired and eat in the same manor. If her oldest naps, that is great. And if not, that is great too. All of which works for them. For us? If pen has not put it to paper, then there is no way I am going to get it done. Yet, try as I might, I can not seem to nail down a schedule that will work for us. It is making me mad, I tell you!!! Where am I going wrong? What am I missing? I am not sure!! But something must change because I feel as if I am getting nowhere faster and faster.
I have agreed to homeschool Korbin for preschool, and this is literally kicking my butt. I am wondering with each passing day when Christmas break is going to get here. However, if I don't get it together, there will be no christmas break because we will be too far behind. As it is now, I feel as if I am working 24/7, by christmas without a break I will be insane for sure.
For along time after my surgery, I felt a since of peace because my outsides were finally starting to match my insides, physically. Then I began cleaning my home and my emotions to help them to match my new physical inside/outside person.Getting rid of alot of the junk that was laying around my home and my heart gathering dust that I did not need anymore. However, now I feel like I am back to this inside/outside cluttered wreck. That sense of peace is gone and I am crying these days at the drop of a hat. I am not sure where I took the wrong turn, but I need to get back to the express way and quick!!!
My schedule, my life and my emotions are outta wack again, and who knows for what good reason? Did I take on too much with homeschool Korbin? Possibly, but it is such a sense of joy when it gets accomplished. Did I take on too much period? Maybe, but exactly what mother doesn't? All I know that it is taking far too long to identify the problem, than I have to fix it. The question at hand is, what to do about all of this madness?My first inclination is to give up my schedule and decide what needs to go. Then, what needs to stay. And then what needs to be added. Then, I need to create a school/Korbin schedule, A home schedule and then a Kristy schedule and mesh the three together. It sounds so simple. Almost too simple, in fact. But it is too simple to actually work...............

No comments: