Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

43 to go


It has been 8 1/2 months since my weight loss surgery and I have lost 143 pounds. At 222 lbs, I have 43 pounds to go to get to my goal weight. I picked the goal weight of 179, since I will be exactly 200 away from my highest weight. My weight loss has slowed down to a steady nothingness, and I have been stationary in the 22o's for what seems like forever. I knew the weight loss would slow down, but I guess I never thought it would happen to me. I know, how funny it is to think that. Yet, I did. Now, I am doing something called the five day pouch test, which takes me eatting back to the way to was eatting right after surgery to help me recapture control of my eatting and weightloss. Day 1 & 2 are liquids only, Day 3 is soft protien like canned tuna and chicken, Day 4 is ground protien like beef or turkey and Day 5 is Fish, Steak, or Poultry with complex carb's like broccoli or green beans. This test helps break the carbohydrate cycle that somepeople find themselves in, like me. And restores the "tightness" in your pouch that is common right after surgery to help you realize when you are full. I have done this test once before, and had great success with it, loosing 8 pounds in one week. With 43 pounds to go, and a goal of Dec 8th, I need to get my sight set back on the prize. This week, I have been to the gym both Monday and Today. Although, I am fighting serious fatigue again which is playing a large part inbeing unable to find a routine the works for us. It is my desire to get back to the gym both Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday morning. The last couple of weeks, I have become complacent in my eatting and letting the "carbohydrate" monster take over. I have choosen this week to take back my eatting and my scheduling issues. I am heading out the door here in few minutes to go and look for a book by Emilie Barnes called Finding more hours in my day or Secrets to a Simple Beautiful Home.She is a christain author and should have some good idea's in the area's of homemaking and scheduling. The eatting area is just as simple as getting back to basics. I am optimistic that through prayer and seeking I can find the answer to these obstacles.We each have our struggles and these in the current moment are mine!

No comments: