Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Bedding

In my days as a young, naive wife, I let my husband-to-be pick out the comforter set that would be in our bedroom as a married couple. Little did I realize then, I really did not like this multicolored, plaid quilt that would lay on our bed for the next five years!? By year # 4, I had enough of this comforter that would become my arch nemisis of bed making and began looking for another. Over the last year, I found only one set that I really liked and hinted to anyone that would ask that I wanted this for christmas. However, no one picked up my que's and I took it as a sign, that I was not meant to have it. Saddened by the loss of something I never really had in the first place, I mourned this comforter set for a very long two days and quickly moved on as I had bigger fish to fry right then (getting ready for my surgery).However, I knew my luck (if you believe in luck, and I am not sure that I do) would someday change and I would be destined for a new comforter.Sure enough, at a yard sale I found my new bed room linens and salivated over the chocolate brown and ice crystal blue set. I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!!! With in moments, I become obessed and asked Rod if we could buy it. He said no and I was heart broken yet again. As a result, I took my frustration out in the only manor I could and refused to make that ugly bed for a week. I soon gave up on that too, as it was making me nuts to have my bed unmade, and moved forward with life. As I said earlier, I knew I would eventaully have a new comforter. The lady whose yard sale we had attended, went to our church and did not sell the set and told me so.Two more weeks passed and finally yesterday, I was able to pay her for the coveted set and brought it home. I sat tempted most of the night last night trying to prevent myself from ripping into the bag. However, this morning while Korbin was at VBS I opened the package, washed its contents and made my beautiful new bed!!! I am soooo excited!! Everytime I walk down the hallway and look into my room, I have a sence of satisfaction that I waitted so long to have and can fully apperciate its beauty. No, it's not new. No, it's not something that I would have ordinarily picked out in the store or cataloge. But it was the right price, it had everything I wanted(2 standard shams, 2 euro shams, 2 throw pillows, a bedskirt, the devuet cover and a new sheet set) and it was the right for us. God is good! I may not always get what I think I want right at the moment I want it, but when God does provide, I am always more thankful and/or excited to see his His hand working than I would have been if I would have gotten it a year ago.The picture above is similar to the set that we have now, and I love it!!

No comments: