Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mud Day






My sister & I took our kids to Mud Day at one of the local metroparks in our area. Every year the city bring in 20 tons of top soil and the fire department comes to hoses it down to make a gaint mud pit that kids 12 and under can come to play in the mud. This was our first visit and it was a blast!!! I am sure the picture says it all!!! At first the kids had no idea what to do, mainly because we are always telling them to stay out of the mud. Now here we were telling them to go and play. I am sure that it was hard for thier little minds to understand that today it was ok but yesterday it wasn't?! Eventually, they got into it. Kinda. They never did get "down and dirty". But they did seem to have a good time once my sister & I took off our shoes and got involved. Next year we know to bring a towel and change of clothes for ourselves too. The fire department had a hose at the enterance and was hosing the kids down before the left. Korbin stood there for a minute waitting to get close to the water but soon gave up when he realized that he was the smallest kid among the bigger kids. When I aked Korbin if he had a good time, he said that it was fantastic and asked to go back tomorrow. I think that it went well over all, well enough for us to go back next year!

No comments: