Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

6 months & 5 years




Today is my six month surg-a-versary and who would have thought that I began 2008 weighing 365 pounds?And now, I have lost 117 pounds in a very short, few months. Thanks to weight loss surgery and the Grace of God. I never would have thought in a million, million years that I would be where I am today, both physically and mentally. I am happier and healthier now than I have been in a very long time. God is good!! I am at this current time, just 69 pounds away from my goal weight and dream of someday being a mother again. In these past months, I have rediscover my zeal for life; and being a good wife and mother. Yes, I would love to have a degree and a part time career someday. But everyday I want to be the best mommy to my little angel I can be and a good wife to the love of my life. There was a time that I had lost that desire, and I am so thankful that through this shed weight I have rediscovered myself. This has been an amazing journey and I am thankful everyday that God has lead me down the path of gastric bypass. I was horrified at the thought in the beginning, not to mention scared. Yet, through many, many people God began to chip away at those fears and reservations and began to replace them with a confidence that is uniquely God inspired. I could have never had the success I have had thus far with the wisdom and guidence of my Lord and Savior. He has given me a wonderful support system, through fantastic friends, an amazing church family and a caring, supportive family. I have the best husband in the world! He makes me nuts and nuts about him all at the same time and I know each day that I have grown into the person I want to become in part to his love. There is something to be said about loving someone when everything is going ok and your on top of the mountain. But what about when the one you love has gained more than 100 pounds, has a disease that could claim thier eye sight or thier limbs if not thier life and cost's you several hundred dollars a month in medicine and doctors bills when you do not have the money to spare. That is the love that Paul describes in the Bible when he compare marriage to Christs love for the church; unwaivering.That is the type of love and commitment Rod and I strive for everyday. We, by no means, have arrived. But, again, through God's grace we can look past eachothers flaws and continue to love eachother like this for the rest of our lives. I am especially reflective of how this surgery has impacted my marriage as this saturday, Rod and I will be married for five years. On August 2, 2003 we said our vows and heard the mutters in the back ground of our reception of the nay sayers who said we wouldn't make it months, much less years. Our life together has been like most, up and down, but we are better for the downs because when we are up, we appreciate it much more and give our gratitude to whom it is due; the Lord of our marriage and our life. These past six months have been amazing- thank you all for sharing it with me. Thank you to all of my married friends who have been such a wonderful example to us- you will never know how truelly much you mean to us. Thank you to all my single friends-you remind me everyday how hard it is to be single and your are doing such a wonderful job at it. I am very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life and would not be where I am today without each of you.~Much Love ~
P.S.
To My wonderful Husband, these past five years with you have been amazing!! I fell in love with you on our first date and keep falling in love with you more everyday. Thank you for standing by my side through it all, and taking your vows to love, honor, and cherish through sickness and health seriously. Your amazing!! I will love you forever and always!! Here is to another fantansic five years, may the honeymoon never end! *Cheers**

No comments: