Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The things we seen today

**Yesterdays blog I forgot to post 9/10/12**

My day started with a story from my over-tired husband who lay sleepily on the couch as a result of fighting severe acid reflux most of the night, " I came into the living room about 2:30 because I was refluxing. I thought I may find a little peace having my head elevated but instead it was constantly swarmed by this ridiculous moth. It was like the moth was playing a game with me, and for a moment I became the hunted while the moth became the hunter. Until I got the Fly swatter..do not laugh at me! This story is very serious!" Rod said as I tried to suppress my laughter! "Please continue," I asked and he did.

"This moth pestered me for what seemed like hours! It would dart to the ceiling and back again because it know I could not reach it there. I was becoming infuriated with this darn moth as I tried my best to kill the stupid thing! Finally, I sat down in the couch and talked with God. 'Look God', I said 'I am exhausted and I need to sleep. I can not have this moth flying around my head while I am trying to sleep. Please get rid of this Moth'. The next thing I knew the moth flew right in front of me and dropped to the carpet with a THUD! I asked God to kill the Moth and He did! In the middle of the night, God killed a moth for me! He heard me and answered!" I smiled as I listened to Rod's giddy response of the nights event.

 The moth story seemed a little silly to me, but I understood exactly what he was saying: God heard Rod and Answered! I would pay a million dollars every day for the rest of my life to hear in Rod's voice, what I heard this morning:Hope! If nothing else happened today that good, that would be enough to last me for weeks!

I left the house early to head to my 10am interview with Rod's voice echoing in my head. God heard..and answered! My interview was amazing and I felt at home with the people I had met and talked to there. I was extended an offer, and will begin orientation next Tuesday.

I was excited and apprehensive at the same time. I shook off the fear, because I knew it was the Devil trying to attack what God was trying to communicate: He was listening.

For so long it seemed as if I was praying, my bible and going to church, all the right things without any response. I never thought God was not listening, I thought I was not doing something right. I was not praying right, or trusting right, or hearing right. I knew God's word said He would never leave us nor forsake us, so it had to be me. Right?

I walked up to the front door of the house to look through the glass to see Rod playing on the floor with Konnor. The laughter assaulted my senses and my heart was over whelmed. My eyes filled with tears before I opened the door, I looked across the street to the school play ground to see Korbin running and laughing with his friends. I was truly blessed and have been allowing the Devil to beat me down for so long! To whisper his lies in my ears, and allow his thoughts to destroy my inner peace, as I turned to open the door to come inside I was so thankful for the glimpse of Gods amazing goodness!

I played trains with Rod and Konnor for most of the day. It was nice to enjoy the time without stressing. Things have been so stressful lately! It has been almost as if you could cut the tension in the house with a knife just because there are so many unanswered questions regarding money. It was nice relax a bit, seeing God moving was helping us to realize he was working behind the scenes. There are still alot of unanswered questions but we knew something was happening and that alone gave us hope!

Eventually playtime had to give way to homework time.I have my first A&P 2 lecture test of Friday that has a study guide of 260 questions. I am determined to start this class good off the bat! As I sat at the computer reconfiguring my pdf study guide to my satisfaction, the phone rang and Rod jumped of the couch. IT WAS THEM!!! Two minutes later, Rod emerges from the other room beaming: He has an interview tomorrow morning in Brighton at 9am!!!

The rest of the afternoon was a buzz because you could feel the power struggle in our house of a supernatural proportion. This was new territory for us as we had never experienced this before! Our hearts were overwhelmed with God's goodness and mercy but things were physically falling apart tempting us to anger. The printer would not work, the toilet over flowed, there was an issue with the timing/placement of my drug test to start work. I could not find my car keys and Korbin could not find his baseball hat, just to name a few things. Trying to  breath through the nuisances and stay focused on God was most certainly the devil attempting to distract us into sinning. It made me wonder how often that happens without us really noticing that the devil is stealing our contentment with God's blessings?

In true God fashion, He worked it all out.

As I type, I am listening to the crickets chirp and there is a bright star that is shining through the window of the dimly lit front room. The house is quiet and my heart is full. The fear is trying to bubble up like Rods acid reflux from last night, why if all of this is a just kidding and it will all fall apart in the morning? What if tomorrow is no difference from last week and there is really no relief coming from the stress or burdens? I stop typing, close my eyes and breath deeply and hear that still small voice echo deep from within my soul, "sufficient for tomorrow is its own trouble,..if it were not true I would have told you" Two completely different scripture verses but yet they worked together for God's glory!

The reality is, if nothing else comes of any of this ( which I really hope is NOT the case!) we seen two things today: God heard and God moved! Those to things alone encouraged me and strengthened me for what ever God has planned ahead!

Goodnight, Friends!
~Kristy~

No comments: