Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mid month weigh in & Fall Schedule

It's the middle of August and I have done my mid month weigh in and...drum roll pluh-eaze....I have lost 7 more pounds for a grand total of 124 pounds in six 1/2 months. I will do my weigh in again on my anniversary date on 8/29. It has been a hard month so far because I am just coming off a two 1/2 week platuea where I did not loose an ounce since the end of July. It was very, very frustrating to get on the scale for that long and see no results whatsoever!!! So, I dropped my calories from 900 per day to 750 and upped my exerise from 2 days a week to 4 days a week. That seemed to have made an impact because the scale is moving again. It is my monthly goal to loose 15 pounds this month, so I am 8 pounds away right now. It is achievable and I am going to work to get that accomplished. I just found out this past week that they are closing the pool at our gym for a week for maintence, then the whole facility the first week in September. I like having a clean place to work out so I am trying not to be cheesed, although that is not easy.
I have been having a real issue getting any sort of exerise in on Mondays, the day is just so rough. It is as if I am recovering from the week end and the only real thing I get accomplished is getting my house back in working order again. Tuesdays are the Mondays of my exerise week, then everything falls into place. Today, it is my goal to write out a realistic schedule for the fall. I attempted to put one together for the summer, and that lasted for about a week. However, we need to get back to a routine! I think we are all looking forward to the regularity of a schedule. The summers are great, but now I am ready to move into our preschool world. I know Korbin is because he askes often when is school starting? Strangely enough, I am looking forward to teaching him. Not every parent is blessed enough to be the one to teach thier children to write thier name and to read. The only concern I have in making this schedule is making enough time for everything. I have discovered I really like a schedule and need one in order to make the things happen here that need to happen everyday.However, I need to plan in my days, some unplanned time that I can do whatever I choose and be spontanious if I want. I am a little unsure how to do this but I know that I can, it just might take being a little creative. I just don't want to get creative with my exerise routine or Korbin's school time. Those are where I draw the line. Well, those are my ramblings for the day!!! I'll post an example schedule when I am done, wish me luck?!

No comments: