Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sample Menu

Alot of people I know, don't know anyone else who has had gastric bypass. I get alot, "So what do you eat?" I thought I would answer that, and post a sample menu:

My Daily Nutrion Goals:

900- 950 calories per day
20 grams of sugar per day or less
50 grams of Carbs or less( and carbs need to come from
complex carbohydrate sources)
32 grams of fat or less
75-100 grams of protien per day or more
=75% Protien
10% Veggies
10% Fruits
10% starch

9am-Breakfast 1 egg, 1 slice whole wheat toast with butter and sugar free jelly

30 minutes after b-fast 16.9 oz bottle of water

8 oz's of crystal light

12 noon-Protien shake

30 minutes after 1 liter of water

3pm Lunch- 2oz's tuna or chicken, 1 tbsp light mayo, 1/2 apple

30 minutes after Lunch finish liter of water

8 oz's Sugar Free Kool-Aid

6pm Dinner- 3oz's lean meat ( chicken,pork, fish or beef), 1/2 cup of veggies, 1/2 cup of fruit

30 minutes after Dinner 1 liter of water

8:30pm - protien shake

30 minutes after that finish my water

Total of this example is 745 calories/20 grams fat/ 74.5 grams protien/ 96.9 oz's of water

In addition to this I take a multivitamen, 2 Sugar free tums for calcuim, 1 iron pill, 1 vitamen C pill, a sublingual B-12, 1 L-Carnitine pill and 2 chewable sugar free benefiber's.

This is what I should be eatting each and everyday. I do, occasionally, make a casserole or mexican dish. Which is where I am thankful that my calories go to 950 because those are the days I really use them all. I do occasionally have a slice of pizza or sugar free frozen custard (Yummm! Bob Jo's); which is rare and a big treat. I do eat potato's, once every two or three weeks. However, I do not eat pasta or rice or white bread. I hope this gives you a glimpse into my "new" eatting pattern. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

No comments: