Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer Schedule




To take a page from the supernany, I got some white bulletin board paper and made a family schedule for the summer. It is currently hanging in the dining room for everyone to see. I have recently come to the realization that my daily schedule has gone out the window, literally. Thus, the disorganization and frustration.
I plan to begin this new schedule on Monday, when our new classes begin at the YMCA. This past week, I have just been cleaning and organizing so that we can be anew with a clean house. I had not realized how off track we had gotten! I had just been so focused on getting myself healthy that I had let-go a few other things.Sadly, I also realized that as much as I try, I am organizationally challenged. It is one of the things about myself, that frustrates me the most.
But since I have definitely decided that I am homeschooling Korbin for preschool, I thought I should start to structure our day now that way in August we can begin our currriculum without much fuss about daily structure.
By far the biggest thing I struggle with is just the act of getting up in the morning. I like to sleep! And I do not want to get up any earlier than I have too!Especially right now when I am dealing with this extreme exhaustion due to wls. Korbin is a sleeper too and normally gets up between 8-9 in the morning.I want to have time each day to read my bible,to my daily devotion and pray. Yet, if I do not get up early, then there is no time for that. But on the flip side, if I do get up I am so tired then I am not a happy person to deal with.
In effort to get the best of both worlds, or at least have a place to start I am getting up at 7:25 M,W,F which is 20 minutes before Korbin in order to be at the Y at 8:45.Then on T, TH the wake up time for the summer is left blank and then when do get up, we will just begin our morning routine. I am going to make notes on this schedule so that when fall arrives, I can make proper adjustments to accomadate our busy schedule and Korbin's internal clock. Learning takes place when a child has proper nutrition and accquate sleep.
My dear friend Judy always tells me that I know what to do, I just have to believe in myself enough to do it. So, I am going out on a limb and trusting that she is right?! Here goes nothing....



No comments: