Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Yep! I am cracked!!

I would pay good money to do that (above) with my arms. I have not been blogging much or anything else much because I chose to wrestle with my boys on Easter and suffered two cracked ribs as a result.


They may look sweet, but they are rough!! Oh well!! To hear them giggle the way they did that day, I would do it all over again. I live for those moments we can make memories laughing together. Some of the best memories I have of my mom is being silly and just laughing with her and my sister. I wish I had some of those days back again, I would bottle the time so that when I needed a moment with my mom I could pull it off the shelf and look it side. The feelings, the sounds and sights would envelope me and I would be transported back to those days so that maybe missing her would seem bearable.

So, I have been alternating between heat and ice, pain meds and muscle relaxers and attempting not to lean to the side that hurts the most as I so simple tasks as walk. I kept Korbins spring break week intacted with the help of a few friends, and he went to the zoo. Baseball. And a few play dates. We watched alot of movies though and snuggled with my little assailants and I slept through the pain meds.

My husband stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park, as usual. He always takes such good care of me when I need him to the most. I wish he could understand just how much those moments mean to me! I seem to fail at communicating that and soon life sweeps us away again in the task of living and running the kids here, there and everywhere.

With all that said, running is on the back burner. I may in the next week, begin to walk on the treadmill. If I can get the pain to diminish. Today began well, and now as I sit here and type, I hurt intensely.

I go back to the doctor on Wednesday for another set of x-rays and hopefully so more answers as to why I still hurt so stinkin badly! One step forward, two steps backward. At least I am putting one foot in front of the other even if those footsteps go backward sometimes!!

No comments: