Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Batters Up

Baseball season is in full swing here, and apparently we eat, sleep & breath it!

Korbin has been playing t-ball since he was four, but this is the first year that he has really loved it. I am not sure if it because he is more confident, or because his dad is coaching or if because this is his 2nd year on farm he gets to "do" more.
Korbin in the catching gear



We have baseball practice three nights a week and when games begin, we will have games 2-3 times a week plus one batting/ "issues" practice ( an issues practice is where the team goes over any reoccuring issues that the coaches see in order not to recreate them at the next game) per week.

Did I mention that soccer starts on Friday??

Konnor & I went to baseball practice last night for the first time. Konnor is on the go so much, that I was concerned of how he would do at the baseball field. To my surprise, he did wonderful!!!

Konnor "playing" baseball with his brothers team


He went strait to the dugout and found himself a helmet, bat ( that was way to heavy) and a ball. We were there for 45 minutes or so, and as long as he felt like he was playing, he was fine. Beware, do not stand behind a toddler with a bat! Konnor helped his dad put the basepads down, and stretched out with the team. My favorite part was when he put on the catchers helmet and said he was ready to play football. Ha ha..because of the face mask portion, he was slightly confused!

I have always loved sports practices!! The kids are so cute, and I love to see how "green" they are in the beginning and how the improve over the season. This is where there personalities show and where friendships begin. I also like seeing my "mom" friends. The moms who take thier children to practice and stay are usually the ones that I most identify with because they are typically the ones who sit and yell as loudly as I do.

I remember being maybe 10 or 12 and going to a yellowjacket game to watch my nephew play. My step-sister, Wendy, would whoop and hollar and cheer him on. If you could not hear her, then you were deaf! I asked once, why she yelled so loudly? She laughed at me, and said "Whats the point of cheering on the team if they can not hear you?" I am not sure why this memory stuck with me since I did not often get to watch the boys play, but it did and I remembered it when it was time for my own son to begin his sports playing journey.

My friend, Jenny, reminds me alot of Wendy. She is out there on the field with the kids whenever she can be. While Konnor streched out with the team, or watched them stretch with confusion as to what they were doing, we had a chance to talk.

Since, I am focusing on my nutrion while I can not exerise she gave me some nutrition information from Dr. Oz. I love Dr. Oz!! He has a sincere passion for people that you do not find in alot of television doctors.

I read 5 fat busters for 5 body types from the Dr. Oz website. I thought this is definatetly something I can do! So, in a seperate blog post I will outline more specifics but I thought this was a good article to read and wanted to share with other since it was shared with me!! I am super excited because the belly buster recipe has three things I LOVE: eggs, cheese and bread!! So, I can make this happen! Plus, with it having eggs and cheese on it, it fills the protien requirement for my gastric bypass nutrition.

So, baseball practice had us all learning something yesterday! I just wish Dr. Oz would tell me what to do with a toddler who wanted to eat only pizza?!

~Kristy~

No comments: