Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week # 11

Sorry I have not updated you with what is going on with the baby and the pregnancy recently, I have just been an emotional ball of mush recently, and every time I have tried to blog I cry all over the key board!!
Things are going well, as far as we know anyway. We go this Thursday morning to see Dr. F for our twelve week visit. He said we would listen for the heartbeat, and do an ultrasound to see that the baby is growing sufficiently. There is a possibility, ever so slightly, that we could find out the sex of the baby during this ultrasound. However, we will most likely find out next month.
My little baby belly is starting to stick out a little, and my size 18 reclaimed jeans are getting to tight around the middle and when I wear them, I have to do so unbuttoned.
As far as maternity wear, I have 3 long sleeve shirts that I am alternating between. Thanks to the clearance rack at Target and the resale shops, we have spent less than 20.00 on all three. I am trying not to buy alot of clothing right now, mainly because we can not afford for me to do so, but I will spend the bulk of my pregnancy during the summer months so I will need more short sleeve shirts than long. I have a single pair of maternity Capri's that I wear most everyday regardless of the weather since they are the only thing that fit. Thanks to my mother-in-law, that is going to change soon since she so kindly bought me a pair of maternity jeans during a shopping trip this past week.
My weight is a steady 193, for the moment. I originally lost 8 pounds due to morning sickness in the beginning. The scale has since rebounded, and has stayed steady for the last week or so which thrills my husband to death. I really would not like to rise above 194 until my first trimester officially ends next week, which would leave to to gain nothing my first trimester. Then it is the doctors goal for me to gain 1/2 a pound a week during the course of the rest of the pregnancy. As for vitamins, I am alternating taking a second vitamin every other day in addition to the one I take daily. I will be asking about a folic acid supplement, and for the doctor to do more blood work because I am unusually exhausted even for being pregnant and I think my B-12 or my iron is outta whack.
Rod and I have finalized our pick of baby names, but as to our tradition, we will not be telling anyone the name until the baby arrives. Rod enjoyed being able to introduce our son for the first time to our friends and family by his name. So, per my husbands request, we will be keeping this child's name quiet too. But rest assured, as soon as we know we will tell everyone the sex of the baby- we could not keep that a secret too!!
Korbin could care less what the baby's name is, as long as it is a girl. That is his only request!! We have not told him our picks, although he is a good secret keeper, a 4 year-old could only take so much and we did not want to put his in that position to ignore all the temptation from our families to get him to tell them the baby's name.
I am looking forward to the end of the first trimester and the increased energy that usually comes in the second. I am also hoping I leave the morning sickness in the first trimester, and move on to greener eatting pastures :)

No comments: