Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Monday, March 23, 2009

Business Opportunity

My huband has been off work for nearly four months now, and to say it has been a rocky road is a sincere understatement!!! However, through God's help, strength and guidence we have learned alot about ourselves as individuals. As well as parents and marriage partners.
Last week was a heart breaking one, as we seen a sincere business oppportunity literally slip through our fingers. This nightmare of a journey we have been on was so close to being over we could taste it. Yet, it was not what the Lord had instore of us, and was gone before we even had it. It was a very angry, frustrating week end but when our new week began on Sunday our spirits abounded thanks to what the Holy Spirit is doing in our hearts and we began to look upward. Literally.
Today, Rod had a couple of promising phone calls that may pan into something more. As we are looking to our Savior and Creator for wisdom and direction, we are taking a step back and allowing God to control this horrorfic situation we have attempted to control ourselves.
I do not know when this nightmare will be over, I pray it is soon. The toll stress is taking on us is making us weary to continue to run this race we have been called to complete. Phillippians 4:13 says " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". As a runner in this race, I wear this on my chest and back as an identifier of who I am; nobody.
I am no one in and of myself, but through Christ Alone, I can do what ever He wills of me. How strange it is that I have read or heard this scripture so many, many times and now in the middle of lifes catostrophe I finally hear and understand it's meaning.
Lord, through this madness, you are still so, so , so good to us. I look forward to seeing in what amazing fashion you are going to answer our prayers!!

No comments: