Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A new year, a new attitude

I have been so busy that I do not know what year it is sometimes, literally!!!
Rod reminded me the other day when he said "Wow! We will be celebrating your one year anniversary at the end of the month" My response was "What? The end of the month? You can not be serious?!?!" But he was, and it is! In 23 days, I will be celebrating the life that gastric bypass gave me and all the victories that I found along my journey as well as all the pitfalls because they each had a lesson for me to learn.
This is my journal entry from this time last year :

21 Days Counting
So, my presurgrey appoinment is a week from today and my surgrey is 21 days away. Today, I am doing pretty good. I feal focused and know exactly for who and why I am doing this. On Sunday, I had a melt down at church. Two of our preteen girls came over to tell me that they were praying for me. First, let me tell you that I think our church has some of the greatest kids. Second, I am so proud and fortunate to call thier parents my friends. So after I talked with Emma & Avery, I become overwhelmed. I believe God sent a special message for me in that afternoon and because of that, today, I feal pretty good. I believe in Gods plan for my life, I believe in His power and I stand on His promises. And I know that everything will be all right. I am sure that I will have a couple more moments like this again.....it seems like satan is really trying to use things to get to me these days since he realizes that he can't use food anymore....mainly my family and my fears. I know God has brought me through so much and has never left me or tempted me and not given me a way out. I am looking forward o my new life being healthier which will make me a better mommy and wife. And this summer when I take my son my neices to the park or the pool then I will be able to have more fun with and not so self concious. And then I can take all the time I spent worried about that and focus on something more important.... like spelling... LOL.


It is funny to read that and realize that Satan is still trying to use those same things against me: my family and my fears. In 2009, it is my goal now that I have gotten off alot of this weight which was weighing me down figuritively and literally, I want to figure out exactly who Kristy is and what she wants from this life. I think I have gotten a good start, I just need alot of fine tuning. So here are a few things I want to accomplish in this first month of the new year:

1.) Journal or blog more memories of my son & husband and how God's grace is sufficient for me
2.) Exerise daily
3.) Cook good food for my family that is healthy and budget friendly
4.) Eat protien first, and stop when I am full
5.) Read my Bible everyday
6.) Laugh everyday
7.) Figure out what I am going to do with my education

I think that all of these goal are achievable, so here I go ------->

No comments: