Reflections of a Wife, Mom & Weightloss Surgery Patient!

What you do and don't do to manage your life does not only affect you. It affects everyone around you!- Author Elizabeth George

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Not so dandy Day # 1

Yesterday was a bust!!

Or so I thought until I stepped on the scale and it is down TWO POUNDS ( now reading 226)!!!!

I was excited with the number on the scale but I still felt as if I should have done better yesterday!!
The day started out well:
-1 Starbucks Coffee Drink
-1 Protein Shake
-1 16 oz bottle of water
And that was all before 10am!!

I took my B-12 supplements, and Konnor & I dance around the living room for about 20 minutes or so. Next, is where I fell off the wagon. I was on my way to the grocery store when I began to sweat profusely! Despite the air conditioner in the care blowing right in my face, I felt really hot yet my skin felt cold & clammy. As I stopped at the stop sign, the road began to spin! I pulled off to the side of the road, and tried to calm my self down to figure out what was occurring. Then it hit me, it was my blood sugar!! I was having a low blood sugar reaction due to the increase in activity and the decrease of sugar/carbs.

Putting the car in gear, I drove to the closest place where I could get something sweet to avoid from blacking out completely, and by the time I hit the Drive Thru at my favorite local coffee shoppe, I had began to shake! I ordered a large frozen coffee and a chocolate chip muffin. I knew that the muffin had sugar sprinkled on top of it, so it should definitely help! I really just ordered the coffee drink out of bad habit!

After my snack loaded with fat, calories and a ton of sugar I felt better physically but mentally I began kicking myself for lack of preplanning!

I continued on to the store to pick up some peanut free treats for the 1st grade class who won a local shoe drive. The sponsors bought the ice cream of the winning class but I was a little concerned with reading the ingredient list. So I went to the store to buy some of our favorite, trust peanut free items. I would want someone to do it for my child, so I had no problem doing it for someone else's. I was astonished to find out that there were THREE kids with nut allergies in this class. The newest statistics say that 1 in 12 kids have a nut allergy. In a class room of 24, that is 2 kids per classroom! It made me realize that my son IS NOT the only one I am fighting for to make our school safe for kids with food allergies!

Konnor & I walked to the school with our treats in hand, and I had another 16 oz bottle of water.

Several trips up & down the stairs for laundry and then later it was a 2 1/2 baseball game where my little three year old keeps me literally on my toes while Korbin is one my field. At the ball field I had another protein drink and another bottle of water ( for a total of 3-16 oz bottle of water) and I was happy for the end of the game to come to head to the bathroom!!!

Korb's team won their game 12-5 and then we found out the Korbin was nominated to be apart of the ALL STAR team!! He was over the moon excited! More importantly, he got to see that all his hard work & determination DOES pay off!! With the win & the announcement, the baseball team went to the local ice cream shop to celebrate. Konnor & I shared a large slushy.( I had to celebrate with the kids, right?)

I tried to keep to the liquid portion of the 5 day pouch test, even if it was higher in calories and sugar that I would have liked!

It appears that the extra liquid and the continual exercise throughout the day has paid off!! I have extra energy today too that I have not had it a while!!

Today so far I have has 1 protein drink, 1-16 oz bottle of water and one coffee drink. I walked around the neighborhood at 9 o'clock this morning with my cute little shadow and I think this afternoon we are going to do some gardening/lawn work.

I had forgotten how hard the liquid diet is/was and how on top of your food you need to be, especially is you are prone to low blood sugar reactions like me. Like I said, weight loss is not the goal of the 5dpt, but it is a welcomed side effect! I am optimistic that I will have enough energy to chase after these boys this summer and reach my goal weight.

Remember: A healthy momma makes a healthy family!!

~Kristy~

No comments: